I was tagged by my sister Amy...
Okay, this was a toughy, but here it goes...
1. I am a candyaholic. I swear it was because I was deprived of it growing up. charib chips instead of chocolate chips and fruit leathers instead of fruit rollups. Whenever I was at a friends house that had a candy jar I would make SEVERAL stops to make sure I got my fill for the week. It also caused me to steal candy from my sister Christine when I was probably 7 or 8. She had some in her room as a gift for a friend, but I found it first :) So the moral if this story is dont totally deprive your kids of sweets. It will cause them to steal.
2. Im starting to become a little bit of a organizing freak. The design classes I took in college were really focused on order, consistancy and the famous phrase "less is more". This concept has slowing creeped from my designs into my home life. Pictures have to be hung level, shoes and boots lined up in a row etc... Now I havent totally gone overboard. I still have several junk drawers in my house that are just loaded with odds and ends without order.
3. For the entire 27 almost 28 years I've been around I have never broken a single bone in my body. Which is suprising because I rode horses all the time and enjoy sports.
4. When I was really young I can remember looking at the olive green stove in our kitchen and thinking..."oh my gosh! My parents named me after a stove (Amana)!"
5. When I was little my best friend heather had a face full of freckles and I thought they were so pretty. So everynight before I would go to bed I would splatter my face with a wet toothbrush leaving little droplets on my face hoping that in they morning they would have dried to freckles. It never worked.
6. Dan and I have been married for 5 years and have lived in 4 different places. My bags are still semi packed. We plan on moving again next year!
7. I purchased my first car when I was 17. I bought it from a house on Plasman Ave. It was the "sign" that seeled the deal. (Plasman is my maden name)
8. When I was a baby I grew up with a blankie. It got really ratty and had to be stitched several times by my mom. I always rubbed the stitching between my fingers because it felt good. I still do this today. No, I dont have a blankie, but If i find a rough edge on a coat sleeve or a pillow I rub it between my fingers. Weird, I know.
9. I love, absolutely LOVE potatoes. Any form of them...mashed, baked, boiled or fried. YUM!
10. Last one, when I was in college my fellow classmates gave me the nickname "plusman" (a spinoff of plasman) cause I was a little bit of an overachiever at times. I got a lot of pluses on my non graded assignments (you either got a plus, check or minus).
11. Im 7 weeks pregnant. :)
So that's it. I hope you learned something new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You probably dont remember me, you were very little when I moved from Hamilton, but I grew up with Amy, we were best friends. I have so enjoyed catching up with her and reading about YOUR family as well! Just a little side note...I remember you guys never got sweets...My Mom was a baker so Amy and I would trade....my homemade brownies for her doritos(which I never got at home)...worked out perfect and neithe of us turned into professional thieves! LOL...You have a beautiful family Amanda. Your little one Riley (I have a son named Riley too)looks JUST like your Dad!!
Post a Comment