Great idea Amy!
These are in no particular order...
1. Thomas, Thomas and more Thomas and friends. Luke is love with Thomas. His new favorite thing is to rattle off all the names he can think of and talk about how they all crashed or got in trouble with Sir Topham Hat.
2. He loves his daddy, when I get him out of bed in the morning or after his nap the first words out of mouth are usually, where's daddy? Especially after Dan's been around all weekend.
3. Matchbox cars. I have to get a picture of this yet, but he has about 10 or so matchbox cars. He likes to line them all up in a row bumper to bumper and lay on the floor next to them with his head on the ground and just look at them, he moves them a little but he pretty much just looks at them. He also always organizes his crayons or colored pencils this way. I think he going to be organized kid.
4. Going to Meijers to get groceries. Well, honestly he only likes going because if he's a good shopper, which he usually is, I buy him a new matchbox car. Stinking Meijers has them placed in the checkout lane so EVERY time we check out he wants one. I try not to buy one EVERY time, but when I don't he gets so sad. He doesn't scream or throw a fit, but big tears well up in his eyes and he just points. I feel horrible! I've really started a bad habit!
5. Music. I have a few kid CD's that I play for him throughout the day. He really enjoys dancing to them.
6. The liberry (library). It's so cute to see someone get soooo excited about going to the library. We go every Monday and pick out a new Thomas video and gobs of books. He's known as "the thank you boy" because when we check out he stands on the little stool and gives the librarian all the books and says thank you for each one. And I am so proud to say that he is never prompted. He really is that polite!
7. His bike. This really was the best gift we ever received for him. Even tho it's winter he still rides it. Thankfully our basement is unfinished! He races his dad almost every night down there. Tonight he was a little out of control, we had to calm him down a bit.
8. Going to any Grandparents house. He usually gets real excited because there's a fresh set of toys to play with.
9. Puzzles. I really am amazed at how well he does them. We have a series of Thomas & friends puzzles. Four little ones with different engines on them. He can gather all the right pieces for each one and put them together! Then of course, he lines them all up next to each other like his matchbox cars.
10. He loves to ask me, "what'ya doin' mama?" I swear I hear this at least 100 times a day. I usually reply with what I'm doing, but sometimes I turn it around and ask him what he's doing. He usually stops then. Everyone who witnesses this repeatedly always asks me if I get sick of it. I really don't. It really could be much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Amanda these are so precious! I love reading them. I think we'll have to make it a custom to do these a few times a year on our blogs. Can't wait to see, Luke next week!
Post a Comment