Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas 2008

Its hard to believe that Christmas & the New Year have past. Christmas was especially fun this year. I loved watching the boys open gifts and spending time with all of our family. We were even lucky to have the Urbans join us. We miss you guys already!

Christmas Eve we spent the night with Dan's family. Riley and Luke were both really spoiled, as expected.



Riley opened a few presents and then crashed.


Grandma "Goldbug" reading the "Goldbug" book to the boys. Always a favorite!


Christmas morning we spent with my Dad & Jan. We let the boys open a few presents, but waited until Amy, Peter & Soren came to town to open the rest.



The Day after Christmas we spent with Dan's extended Nagelkirk Family. Its always fun because of all the kids. This family seems to grow by two every year. This is Riley and his cousin Jonah


Uncle Joe & Riley


Riley trying to open his present


Luke playing with his new computer. He loves this thing!


Singing Christmas carols are part of the Nagelkirk tradition. Riley joined in this year and helped Jill out with the piano. It was soooo cute!


Luke, Seth and Hayden playing with Hayden's new legos


After the weather delay the Urbans finally made it! Luke really enjoyed playing with his cousin Soren again. We wish they lived closer. Here's a picture of Luke & Soren pushing Riley around our house in his new car! I think I might use that thing as a stroller this summer.


I bought Luke & Soren super hero capes for Christmas. They were a big hit!



Unfortunately we weren't able to spend as much time with them as we would have liked. Our whole family came down with a nasty flu like virus over new years. We didn't leave our house for over a week. We had to send Riley to my Dad's for a day, because Dan and I couldn't move without throwing up! YUCK! Luke was hit the hardest. The poor little guy was throwing up for close to a whole week. We took him to the doctor, but there was nothing they could do for him. We're all healthy now, and very thankful! Those flu shots were worthless. Im sure we wont get them anymore.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the picture of the boys all paying such close attention to the goldbug book!

And, don't give up on the flu shots too quickly. I think you guys had the norovirus (and I'm basing my expert diagnosis base on all my years studying English Literature! LOL.)