Friday, December 4, 2009

A New Christmas Tradition

Does anyone make gingerbread houses during Christmas? I never have, but when my sister was in town over Thanksgiving she bought a kit for the boys to make together. It was so fun and so yumming looking! What made it really special was the boys got to go to the candy store and each buy one special candy for the house.

Luke and Soren starting on the house



Luke enjoying some of his yummy gummy worms



Grandpa even helped with the frosting



Isnt it beautiful!



We said that we would put it on display and count the days til Christmas when we could eat it...only problem is this is what our gingerbread house looks like not even one week later...





I guess there's always next year ;)

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is so funny how quickly all the candy disappeared! Oh well...I guess it would have only gotten old and hard, right?

Kate_Edwards said...

Great pics, I could eat one of those right NOW!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed watching them create that....and spending time with your family!