The Bad...
Dan left Sunday to go mt. biking/camping with his buddy Dan on the North Country Trail up by Manistee. He was really looking forward to this. When they got up there they went riding first. They were only going to go for a couple hours. Dan's doctor has instructed him not to ride for more than that for fear of dehydrating, which could cause a lot of problems with the steroid he's taking. So I guess they had just started out on the trail, spinning to warm up and Dan started to feel his heart really race and then it slowed way down, from like 200 bpm to 20 bpm. Then he felt a little dizzy, which then turned into tunnel vision which resulted in him fainting. So he stopped to collect himself, totally freaking out his friend Dan. They started off again and it happened again! So they decided to go back to the parking lot. When they got there Dan called his doctor and his doctor told him to go the ER in Manistee since his heart was racing. They did an EKG, Xrays of his chest and blood work. Everything turned out totally normal. Thank goodness! They really have no idea what caused it. Their guess is that his potassium level was really elevated. This can be potentially dangerous because it messes with his heart. Dan's pretty bummed. I can tell he's getting extremely frustrated with his health. The results of everything they did in the ER is being faxed to his doctors here. Who knows if they can figure out what's going on. Continued prayers for his health would be appreciated!

5 comments:
That picture is so adorable!
What a bummer about Dan's ER visit. So frustrating when the answer is just "we don't know why that happened." I hope he can get some answers soon and will be back on his way to being the super athlete that we all know!
Wow! I am so sorry to hear that. We will keep Dan in our prayers.
Ok, so those previous blank comments were from me trying to figure this thing out. Anyway, this is your cousin-in-law (?) Ryan..Nagelkirk. Yeah, I lost your guys' email but googled you and found this. That sucks about Dan. Maybe he should lay off the bananas. Seriously though, I hope they find some answers. I'll ttyl.
Post a Comment